The South and Central Health Foundation is very pleased that you are considering our Foundation as your charity of choice! Be an active ambassador of health in your community by hosting a third-party event for the Foundation or by turning your current event into a fundraiser.
A third-party event is any fundraising initiative created, executed and managed by someone external to the South and Central Health Foundation, where the proceeds for the event are donated to our charity. Groups, organizations, individuals, businesses, service clubs, employee committees and many others, often plan fun events to help raise money to improve healthcare in our communities. Please choose the South and Central Health Foundation as your cause!
Examples of third-party events:
- Staff 50/50 draws
- Staff payroll deductions
- Dinner Party / Dance
- Bake Sale
- Spare Change Day
- Community or private BBQ
- Car Wash
- Jeans Days
- Garage Sale
- Sports events such as curling, golf, snowmobile runs
We would love to help with your event! Let us know what we can do to make it a success.
When our Foundation is the primary beneficiary of your event, the following is some promotional support that we may be able to provide includes:
- Create promotional posters (Samples: Dance, Ticket Draw, Card Game, Bingo)
- Inclusion in the Foundation Forum (pre-event and/or post-event)
- Newsletters for your event
- Use of SCHF Banner and signs when appropriate
- Postings on various bulletin boards throughout appropriate health facilities
- Pledge sheets made, numbered and copied
- Cheque presentation photos
- Events posted on website when appropriate
- Event checklist to assist with your planning
- Provide charitable tax receipt to donors of $10 or greater, provided a complete and legible mailing address is available, when allowable by CRA.
- Rules and regulations on tax receipting
- Assist with brainstorming for the potential event
- Budget suggestion and template
- Lottery license for events that donate 100% of proceeds to our Foundation
What we Cannot Do:
- Provide funding or reimbursement for event expenses.
- Share or mail to our private donor mailing list.
- Actively sell tickets for third party events.
- We will do all we can to help ensure your success, however, we cannot guarantee a sold out event.
Third Party Fundraisers are a very important component of our activities at the South and Central Health Foundation. These events help create awareness about our healthcare system and bring new supporters to the Foundation.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss coordinating a third party event for the benefit of healthcare in your community! Contact our staff at (709) 292-2393 or by E-mail.